Chris's Leftover Turkey Pie
Our chefs love a turkey pie, a real Boxing Day treat!
500g Cooked Roast turkey
50ml White Wine
1 Large White Onion (Sliced Finely)
250g of Cooked vegetables – Sprouts, carrots & parsnips (Left over vegetables)
1 tsp Dried tarragon
2 tsp Dijon mustard
100ml Double cream
400ml Chicken Stock
Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
250g Puff pastry
1 Egg, beaten to glaze the pastry
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan (big enough to take all the ingredients) add the sliced onions and cook slowly without colour.
2. Add the white wine and reduce slightly before adding the flour. Cook out the flour for a few minutes then start adding the stock to make a “Velouté” (Same principle as a Bechamel only you are using stock instead of milk)
3. Once the sauce starts to thicken, add the tarragon, mustard, turkey and vegetables.
4. Finish with the cream and season with a little salt and pepper and pour the mixture into a medium sized baking dish.
5. Roll out the puff pastry to a thickness of around 3mm and cover the baking dish and crimp down the edges.
6. Glaze with the beaten egg and bake at 170c for around 30-35 minutes until the pastry is golden and cooked.