As you know Wimbledon has been cancelled this year (1st – 14th July 2020),
but it shouldn’t stop you from enjoying some strawberry treats! Check out
Jeremy Lyon’s Eton Mess Recipe...
2 meringue nests
200g ripe strawberries
20g caster sugar
150ml double cream
1 tsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 small springs of fresh mint Blueberries & Rasperries to decorate
1. Wash & hull the strawberries & cut into bite-sized pieces
2. Toss strawberries with caster sugar, then leave to one side for at least 20 minutes
3. Set aside 1/3 of the strawberries, then crush the rest into a chunky compote
4. Mix double cream, vanilla essence & icing sugar using a whisk, whip to soft peaks.
5. Roughly crush the meringues, then fold the meringues into the cream mix
6. Add in strawberry compote & mix gently to create a swirled effect
7. Spoon meringue mixture into a serving dish or glass, garnish with the remaining strawberries & mint sprigs
8. Serve immediately & enjoy!