By Ella Piazzi
For the dough:
300g self-raising flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
70g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
2 egg yolks
130ml milk extra for glazing
For the filling
1tbs ground cinnamon
2tbsp light brown sugar
1tbsp caster sugar
40g butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven at 160c. Line a large cake tray with baking paper.
2. For the dough, melt the butter then add the egg yolks & milk, mix all the ingredients together.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, sugar & cinnamon then add to the butter mix.
4. Mix the ingredients together until you obtain a soft dough texture, that can be rolled on a floured surface.
5. With a pasta roller or a rolling pin flatten the dough in a rectangular shape, roughly 30x25 cm.
6. To make the filling, melt the butter, add sugar & cinnamon then mix.
7. With a brush, spread the filling mix on top of the dough - make sure the whole surfaced is covered.
8. Roll the dough similar to a swiss roll.
9. Cut your roll in 8 pieces - try to make them even.
10. Brush the top with milk.
11. Bake in the oven for around 30/35 minutes or until golden brown.