Did you know our Branding and Merchandising Manager Alice is Welsh?
Here’s Alice's 5 easy Welsh Phrases;
Thank you very Much Diolch yn fawr iawn
Please Os gwelwch yn dda
Our Chefs Fabulous Welsh Rarebit Recipe
Ingredients – Serves 1 delicious portion
- 1 tsp English Mustard
- 3 tbsp of a good IPA – I would suggest Camden Brewery’s “Off the Menu”
- 30g Butter
- 3 tsp of Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 150g Lancashire Cheddar, grated
- 1 x Free Range Egg
- 2 tsp of Plain Flour
- 2 x Slices Bread –bread needs to be robust enough to take the topping, wholemeal sour dough is my favourite
- 1 tsp of Chopped Chives
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a small pan mix the mustard, beer and flour to make a paste. Then stir in the Worcestershire sauce. Warm the pan on a low heat adding the butter until it starts to melt.
2. Add the cheese and stir to melt, but don’t let the mixture boil. Once smooth, taste for seasoning, then take off the heat and allow to cool until just slightly warm, being careful it doesn't solidify.
3. Pre-heat the grill to medium-high, and toast the bread on both sides. Beat the egg and chives into the warm cheese mixture until smooth, and then spoon on to the toast and cook, place back under the grill until golden.
Serve immediately and enjoy with the rest of the IPA!